Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Revelation

It's amazing to me how greatly a person's perception can change drastically given only a moment, especially when it is me and my perception. I've been praying for boldness and confidence, knowing that my identity is found in the Lord, however, I have had this false sense of self that I have to force it and show it in order practice it and build it up.

Last night was a life-changing experience. For the first real time in my life I was prophesied over by a brother in Christ and some of the things he told me did boost my confidence, boldness and maybe even my ego slightly at the time. BUT after weighing out everything from start to finish that was spoken and revealed to me, I have discovered that my confidence does not come from the words or revelation itself, but in that God has called me to serve Him: any one thing or any many details that surround that are generally important, but not important to who I am nor my identity. I am a son of God. I am a man of God. I am a servant of God. I have all of the authority that He has given to me. My boldness and confidence come directly from him.

For the longest time, I sought to find my identity and it was always in vain, because it was not in Christ himself. I tried finding it in peers back in school at a young age. I tried finding it in relationships and girlfriends time after time for the longest time. I tried finding it in distractions like video games, TV shows, etc. Even when I did get my life back on track, I sometimes felt like only a number and that I was special to God, yes, but did not really possess any special or different qualities from others that I congregated with. I now know that I am special and God has gifted me with talents that He wants me to use in service to him and for the body.

My Father has exceedingly granted me everything that I have pleaded with him for:
He has restored my emotions.
He has renewed my mind and mindset.
He has rejuvenated my spirit.
He has removed all of my previous transgressions.
He has renovated my life and priorities.

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful perspective, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly ABOVE all that we ask or think!!! That is what our great God has done for me when I see you! Praise His Name!

    ReplyDelete