Saturday, October 24, 2009

Nostalgic Rant

Becoming friends with Matt Drake has caused me to be reflective on myself in many aspects. Even though he we are far from the same person, bits and pieces of him and me are nearly identical(especially when I was his age: 19.) He's far more outgoing than I ever was and played football, however, we're both sentimental type guys who have shared some of the same struggles and conflicts. Hanging out with him and jamming out and singing at the top of our lungs to old songs on the radio reminds me of the days back in Texas, when all things of life were easier than the present and also the times when all things of life were harder.
Third Eye Blind, Blink-182, DC Talk, POD, Relient K, Dave Matthews Band, Vertical Horizon, mewithoutyou, Underoath.... all these bands with all their music that helps shape and conglomerate my memories of a time that seems like yesterday but also seems long ago when I was a completely different person and had completely different perspectives of life. Time spent in my bedroom writing lame poetry, playing video games all night and all weekend while having the TV tuned to the SciFi channel, History channel, or watching some random movie. During baseball season hanging out with Matt Korzenieski at his house and watching the Texas Rangers and either through around the baseball in his small backyard or ride around to the mall or Wal-Mart or Starbucks wondering where all the attractive girls always disappeared to in Longview and deduced that they always had a secret meeting place or all went to parties.
Good times, bad times... God used it all to mold me into the man I am today and I'm now striving to be at the point that I need to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment